The Evolving Crowd Industry
In an earlier post, I explored the new “Crowd” industry, in particular CrowdSourcing. That article generated good interest, so I’m following up with an additional aspect : “Crowd Design”.
Just like CrowdSourcing, CrowdDesign is the process where potential customers will post projects and list a “winning fee” for each. Once posted, anyone can go to the “Crowd” site and submit their work for consideration. The company/person who posted the job then selects the winning design. If selected, then the posting fee is delivered to the winner.
Design Job – Examples
So what types of jobs might be available on a CrowdDesign site?
Below are some possibilities:
- Logo Design
- Web Design
- Flyers and Posters
- Business Card Designs
- Custom Microsoft Powerpoint Designs
- … and many more
As you can imagine, with such a hot industry, there are a number of entries in the market. Below are some to get you started!
- Design Crowd : This site has a good introduction video. Featured in Yahoo Finance, Mashable
- Crowd Spring: featured in BusinessWeek and Entrepreneur Magazine
- 99Designs: featured in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Forbes
Your own Research
- Good article on getting the most out of CrowdDesign (and sourcing in general)
HOW TO: Get the Most From Crowdsourced Design Competitions – Mashable.com
And lest you think this is not big business …
- Crowd-Sourced Design Startup Chirply Raises $1.1 Million, Launches Redesign – TechCrunch.com
- Ex-Google executive unveils Upstart, a crowd-funding startup – Siliconvalley.com