The Growing Influence of Apps
I love football, pro and college. So to me it’s always of interest, how the game is growing and progressing.
So the convergence of technology and football … what’s not to love!
If you haven’t been following this, you’ll find this blog post interesting.
A number of progressive NFL teams are jumping on the “app” bandwagon, among them the Denver Broncos and their new franchise quarterback, Peyton Manning.
This is a smart idea in my opinion with a number of immediate benefits.
- Increase Speed in delivery of critical information (direct wireless transmission of just captured video)
- Ease of Use
- Security (tablet can be remotely erased if lost)
- Reduction in manual effort to use the material
- Environmentally friendly (“green” if you like)
- Reduced assimilation time (HD video, annotations vs only static images and printed text)
Also, I would not be surprised to find some enterprising entrepreneurs coming up with a way to create an off-shoot that fans could subscribe to … as just one idea.
I definitely think this is a trend with staying power. It will be fun to see what comes next!
Articles on this trend:
Broncos embrace iPad playbook, video – Fox Sports on MSN
Peyton embraces iPad playbook during Broncos transition (good video on the topic) – USA Today